Welcome to Silpa!
Silpa, Swathanthra Indian Language Processing Applications is a web platform to host the free(dom) software language processing applications easily. It is a web framework and a set of applications for processing Indian Languages in many ways. Or in other words, it is a platform for porting existing and upcoming language processing applications to the web. Silpa can also be used as a python library or as a webservice from other applications. Silpa is in development and if you are interested in contributing contact the developers
Read the project announcement here
New version of silpa is available. Try it. This was a Google summer of code project.
- Indic Language Text to Speech System module is available now Try it now!
- Webfonts for Indic scripts introduced. More...
- Experimental complex script rendering module introduced. You can convert a wiki page to PDF too. Try it now!
- ISO 15919 and IPA transliteration systems available. Try it now!
- Follow @silpaproject in twitter or identica
- JSON RPC bases APIs are available now. You can use Silpa services from web/desktop applications. Read more...
- Katapayadi Number Decoder and Swarasthana finder for Melakarta Raga based on it
- Indic Soundex Indic Soundex Alogorithm and APIs
- Character Details Unicode Character detais lookup.